The solution for extreme fire protection requirements
Are you looking for a material that can withstand very high temperatures and also serves as an insulator and compensator? Then BasaTexxFP is the right material for you.
What makes BasaTexxFP so unique?
The combination of several special features:
- It does not burn (incombustible).
- It is flexible like a conventional PVC tarpaulin.
- In the event of flame exposure, no toxic gases are produced.
- The material is 100% recyclable.
The material has a smooth, closed, waterproof, UV and chemically resistant surface and is flexible, light and ready to assemble. BasaTexxFP was developed by Fulcoline in cooperation with the Research Institute Leather & Plastics (FILK) and made ready for series production.
The lightweight composite material BasaTexxFP opens up new possibilities for the construction industry and industry when extreme fire protection requirements have to be met.
Which classifications and certificates does BasaTexxFP fulfill?
- A2 – s1 , d0
- Flammability of Materials in Aircraft (Certifications according “Flammability Requirements for Aircraft” FAR 25.853)
14 CFR Part 25 §25.853 (a)Appendix F Part I
- CS-25.853 (a) and Appendix F Part I (a)(1)(ii),
- FAR/JAR/CS,App.F, Part III
- FAR/CS 25, App. F, Part I
- OSU HR Heat Release
- PCS (not substantial) = 2,60 MJ/m²
- PCS (for total product) = 2,75 MJ/m²
- FlGRA 0,2 MJ = 0 W/s , FIGRA 0,4 MJ = 0 W/s
- THR 600s = 0,3 MJ, SMOGRA = 0 m² / s²
- TSP 600s = 33 m²
- burning dripping: no
- lateral flame spread : no
What are the advantages of BasaTexxFP?
Examples of fire protection up to 1200 degrees
Possible uses of the BasaTexxFP tarpaulin
The properties of the base material basalt, in combination with a non-flammable elastomer coating, make BasaTexxFP a product where extreme fire protection requirements and safety standards have to be met.
Basatexx in use by our customers
Fulcoline GmbH & Co.KG continuously offers new products, functions and complete solutions in the field of fire protection. In cooperation with customers and research institutes, Basatexx is constantly being further developed and designed into a unique product that serves as an efficient solution for the high individual requirements of our customers.
Questions and answers about the BasaTexxFP tarpaulin
BasaTexx FP can be used as an insulator or compensator in the electrical or automotive industry. The material has the following electrical properties.
Dielectric strength (DIN IEC 243-2) = 23 kV/mm
Volume resistivity (DIN IEC 93) = 5×10-15 Wcm
Dielectric constant (50Hz) (DIN VDE 0303) = 3.1 kV/mm
Dielectric loss factor (50Hz) (DIN VDE 0303) = 30×10-4 tand
Tracking resistance (DIN 53 480) = KA 3 c
BasaTexx FP meets the requirements of building material class A2 – s1, d0 and can be used wherever these conditions and standards have to be met.
E.g. as wall and ceiling coverings, enclosures and covers.
Glass compared to BasaTexx FP:
Glass has lower strength and contains harmful chemical additives
Glass has a lower temperature resistance up to a maximum of 800°
Glass has poor chemical resistance to acids and alkalis and is sensitive to UV radiation.
Aramids compared to BasaTexx FP:
Burning aramids only have a temperature resistance of up to 300°
Aramids are not UV resistant and are also less resistant to alkalis and acids, but are lighter.
The price for aramids is about 5 times higher
Aramids have a significantly higher water absorption capacity.
Basalt vs Carbon:
Carbon is also flammable
Carbon is about 10 times more expensive, but is much lighter and has higher strength.
BasaTexx FP consists of an inorganic reinforcement with an elastomer coating.
- As roll goods: 1-2-5-10-15-25-50 linear meters in widths up to 2.20 m.
- As a ready-made tarpaulin up to 100 m², glued / welded.
Material thicknesses: 0.25 – 0.40 – 075 mm
Weight classes: 400 – 550 – 900 g / m²
- BasaTexx FP can be processed in a similar way to a conventional PVC tarpaulin.
- BasaTexx FP can be glued / welded and hemmed with special machines
- BasaTexx FP can be sewn up.
- BasaTexx can be provided with eyelets or other fastening materials.